Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Trouble launching roms after PiTFT install?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    xentar712
    Participant

Pi Model: 2
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.0.0 Beta 2
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: keyboard
    Controller used: none yet
    Error messages received: blank screen
    Guide used: https://learn.adafruit.com/running-opengl-based-games-and-emulators-on-adafruit-pitft-displays/pitft-setup

Hello, first time post here. I’ve been following the guide to the letter, as this is my first time trying this project. I lost the ability to launch roms after installing the PiTFT due to an error(partially my fault). At the end, it mentions to edit the runcommand.sh to add a DMT-87 mode in order to prevent from switching the HDMI resolution. First off, I was using the 3.0.0 Beta2, so there is no get_mode() function in runcommand.sh. I improvised and added it anyways in the get_parameters() function. This was my error, as I should have just skipped the step and not added it anywhere. If you add the line, it results in a blank screen on the PiTFT and you can’t do anything. I experimented with a lot of settings and moving that line in a few places before realizing that I should just delete it and try it out. Just posting this so it could help someone not waste a couple hours like I did, or maybe it should be added to the guide. I haven’t tested it any further than launching a couple roms, but for now I’m just assuming that the latest beta doesn’t require us to add that line.

trixster
    Participant

I thought I’d added the DMT-87 into my runcommand.sh but looking at it it’s not there, so I guess you’re right.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.