Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Transferring ROMs to RetroPie via WinSCP: Unknown error?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, all!

I’m an extreme newbie who’s been encountering some issues when it comes to using WinSCP (and to a similar extent, FileZilla) to transfer ROMs onto RetroPie.

Whenever I try to drag and drop my .sfc files into /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/snes, it loads about half the file then gives me an extremely vague error message simply saying something went wrong somewhere. After looking up the error code (Code 4: Failure) on winscp.net, it pointed to a few different issues, the only ones making sense to me being “Moving a remote file to a different filesystem (HDD),” or “Exceeding a user disk quota.”

I’m unsure of what exceeding disk quota is, but if it has to do with how much disk space I have, I’m not even using half of it on my microSD card. I’ve only got a handful (~10) of ROMs on it already, mostly for Super Nintendo, so I’m not eating up that many resources.

Again, I’m really inexperienced in this, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Apologies in advance for missing obvious stuff and making amateur mistakes.

herbfargus

Code 4 almost always means not enough disk space. You can have a large card but not have the space expanded. Retropie 3.5 should expand automatically but previous versions you had to expand your filesystem with the sudo raspi-config menu. Try that and see if it makes a difference.

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Manual-Installation#expand-file-system

Possible you also have a bad SD card but the lack of space is more likely.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.