Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Transfering roms directly from pc to the micro sd card

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone, i’m kind of new to all this, in the past few weeks i’ve done many test to get everything straight to play all my retro games. I think i learn from my mistakes but i have an this reccurent problem.

Here’s my set :
    Pi 2 (Overclocked at pi 2 setup)
    Fresh retropie 3.3.1 image
    Sandisk microsd 64G SDXC
    Ps3 controller

Here’s my problem :

Is it ok to just take plug my card in my pc and manually transfer the roms to the right directory?

All i see on the wiki or on google are usb, FTP and Samba transfer?!

I ask this cause at first it work, i can play games for days, but i have no idea why but after a random reboot i need to run a manual fsck and have some line like:

has 75 multiply-claimed block(s), shared with 3 file(s):
    Clone multiply-claimed blocks… i

I’m sure you know that kind of stuff.

Is this related to the way i tranfer roms? Or can i do something basic to avoid that?

Thank you

shades42
    Participant

If you know the IP address of your PI ( assuming it is connected to the network ) samba a pretty easy way to put your roms where the need to be.

Just punch in the following on your pc

\\192.168.1.123 ( assuming that is your pi ip address )
    \\retropie (also works for me )

You should see 4 folders, bios,configs,roms, splashscreen. Open up the roms folder and drag and drop, easy and I have had no issues with doing it this way.

The bad blocks could be from your OC of the pi, I would check out this link and run the stresstest.

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-setup/wiki/Overclocking

Will give you an idea if the OC is causing corruption of your SD card.

I would also add this line to your config.txt ( where your overclock settings would be )

temp_limit=65

At least to start, as this will stop the overclock settings if your temperatures reach what ever # you put in. I have read some PI 2’s can show issues if temps reach over 65 degrees C but the warranty default is 85 C

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.