Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Too many joysticks detected – please help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kryptokam
    Participant

Emulation Station detects 3 joysticks, when I only have one wireless Xbox controller connected. I put in the correct number when configuring the driver, and even double-checked. When I list the inputs, I see 3 joysticks as well. I was able to configure the controller to navigate the Emulation Station menu, but I was not able to configure it to work with RetroArch. Each queue was dismissed after it timed out, even though I pressed the buttons. This leads me to believe that the real Xbox controller is either js1 or js2 rather than js0.
    I am running Raspbian and RetroPie via RetroPie-Setup script, both of which are current as of June 25th-ish. I am using a Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B, of course), and have a 8 GB Micro SD card, 3.5G of which is free.
    Any help is much appreciated :]

Thanks in advance!
    -KryptoKam

quicksilver
    Participant

This is also happening to me as well. Emulation Station is detecting two controllers even though there is only one plugged in. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

kryptokam
    Participant

Well, I have solved my own problem but I’m not sure if I can help with yours. After I posted this, I took a short break from trying to get it to work before starting over. I installed an updated version of RetroPie via the SD card image rather than setup script. I had read that the newer version supported transferring EmulationStation’s button mapping to RetroArch, which was in fact the case. Now, if I map a contoller in EmulationStation it automatically maps it for RetroArch which solved my problem.
    In short, using updated SD card image fixed my problem.

Hope this helps!
    -KryptoKam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.