Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Tiny Fugue MUD Client

• This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    xd3l
    Participant

Hello, someone had asked me to take a look at Tiny Fugue to see if I could get it running under RetorPie. I have been able to compile and install it, but have had no luck setting up a script to run it via EmulationStation under ports.

I can share the scripts I have, or if someone can provide some that work, that’d be great! Then I could tell this guy what he needs to do to get it going himself.

Thanks!

zerojay
    Participant

Here you go: https://github.com/zerojay/RetroPie-Extra/blob/master/scriptmodules/ports/tinyfugue.sh

I assumed you would want white text on a black background. If you want black text on a white background instead, look for the xterm line and remove the -rv switch, save and configure.

xd3l
    Participant

I created this script in my /ports/ folder and got this:

Tiny Fugue.sh: 17: Tiny Fugue.sh: Syntax error: “(” unexpected

Here is the guide I have been preparing and used for my self:

Tiny Fugue Tutorial:

SSH into your Raspberry Pi. I.E.:

pi@192.168.1.3

LOGIN: pi PASSWORD: raspberry

If you are running Windows, download and install Putty.

[url]http://www.putty.org[/url]

By default you will be in your /home/pi/ directory, but we need to move to root by typing:

cd /

Now, type the following to download Tiny Fugue:

sudo git clone https://github.com/kruton/tinyfugue

Now we need to enter into the Tiny Fugue directory so type:

cd tinyfugue/

Now that we are inside of the directory, type the following to configure the source code:

sudo ./configure[

When the source is done configuring you will want to build it by typing the following command:

sudo make

Once that is finished, you can install it and all of it’s required files by typing:

sudo make install

Now we will want to clean up, but first we must exit the /tinyfugure/ folder by typing:

cd ..

Next you will want to delete the /tinyfugue/ folder by typing:

rm -R tinyfugue

Now Tiny Fugue is installed into our system, but we need to set up a script to launch it from within EmulationStation.
    To do this we will need to move into the /ports/ directory by typing the following:

cd ~/RetroPie/roms/ports/

Type the following to create a new text file to use as our launcher script:

sudo nano

blah blah blah…

zerojay
    Participant

If you named my script “Tiny Fugue.sh” like that, it’s not going to work. The filenames need to stay as they are.

xd3l
    Participant

Ok, how about this? :)

sh tinyfugue.sh
    tinyfugue.sh: 17: tinyfugue.sh: Syntax error: “(” unexpected

zerojay
    Participant

I wiped and reinstalled from scratch. Script works immediately without issue. Problem is on your end.

xd3l
    Participant

For some reason the script updater didn’t work as well as it claimed it had.

Anyhow, after freshly git clonging your script and adding it in fresh, I can see, isntall, and run it. Thank you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you zerojay!

You have just became my new personal hero!

This honestly will make me happy for the rest of my life. <3

xd3l
    Participant

[quote=122101]Thank you zerojay!

You have just became my new personal hero!

This honestly will make me happy for the rest of my life. <3

[/quote]

I thought I was your personal hero…

…I see where your real loyalties lay. :/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh hey xd3l, sorry, I didn’t mean to make you feel left out.

If you must know, I love you too. ♥

Okay, so I followed the instructions given in this post:
    http://www.emuxtras.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=67459#p67459

Everything went fine except I wasn’t able to screenshot the last message after the installation in time.

Something about if it doesn’t work correctly at first.

Anyway, I’m getting an Xset: Unable to open display error along with a few other error messages.

zerojay, would you be so kind as to paste what that last message said in your installation release?

Thanks ahead.

zerojay
    Participant

My ability to fix your issues is entirely dependent upon knowing what the errors are. Also, you have the ability to open that script and read the line for yourself, don’t forget that.

So, if you haven’t run anything that uses X on your RetroPie, it’s possible that the Xorg server has not been setup to allow other users to run it, something we require.

As root (or through sudo), run dpkg-reconfigure x11-common. It will ask you who should be allowed to run X, select “Anyone” and you should be good afterwards.

I’m not sure why that message would not be seen as it’s supposed to be in a dialog box with an OK button so….?

Anonymous
    Inactive

sudo dpkg-reconfigure x11-common did the trick.

So happy!

That last message was in a dialog box with an OK button, not sure what happened since I’m sure that I didn’t press the ENTER key.

All I can think of is that when I pressed CTRL + PRTSC it somehow closed that box since I wasn’t able to copy and paste that message.

Anyway, I’m almost done with my unrelenting questions. :o)

I’m attaching a font that I would very much love to use. I made it several years ago and it’s quite wonderful.

How can I use this along with changing the font size?

Lastly, it’s been such a long time since I last used TinyFugue, any chance you could share a sample configuration file for startup?

Thanks again and many cheers to you!

zerojay
    Participant

I’ve never used TinyFugue before so I don’t have any sort of sample configuration. Setting up console fonts is beyond the scope of what I’m providing. You will need to look into that for yourself. Feel free to report your findings though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay.

I’ll do this all in a day or two.

At least I know your release works and I can’t thank you enough for it. :o)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.