Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Theme – Space *13/Sept/15*

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    robertybob
    Participant

*Please see download link below, IGNORE THE ATTACHMENT*

Download: Theme – Space

My first attempt of a theme and there’s no way I would have been able to do this without phrazelle’s guide and the amazing retroplay_[mutation_canela] theme by InsecureSpike (which I hope sees the light of day here, whenever he comes back to the forum).

Currently 31 systems (plus Kodi and RetroPie):

Amiga
    Amstrad PC
    Apple II
    Atari 800
    Atari 2600
    Atari 5200
    Atari 7800
    Atari Falcon
    Atari Jaguar
    Commodore 64
    Final Burn Alpha
    GameGear
    Game Boy / Color / Advance
    Genesis / Megadrive
    Kodi
    MAME
    Mastersystem
    N64
    NES
    PC
    Ports
    PSX
    RetroPie
    Scummvm
    Sega32x
    SegaCD
    SG-1000
    SNES
    TG16
    ZX Spectrum

If anybody actually likes this theme then I’m more than happy to add more systems!

Tested and on my RPi 1.

robertybob
    Participant

Can someone please test this? I’d really like to know whether this works ok on others peoples setups :)

herbfargus

It gives an error when I try and switch the theme something to do with fonts, “!err”

robertybob
    Participant

Cheers, I’ll investigate tonight :)

herbfargus

I’ll look into it as well if I can find the time. I’ve been making a theme with rookervik so I might be able to narrow it down.

robertybob
    Participant

I believe it’s because I had it in the xml as [font].OTF instead of [font].otf – didn’t appreciate it was case sensitive!

robertybob
    Participant

Is there any way to delete the attachment from the original post?

herbfargus

looks very nice. unfortunately I have no control over the files- i can only modify forum responses.

Quick tip- even if you didn’t want to draw specific svgs for each system, you could use the simple theme svgs and still provide the same fonts and backgrounds for all the other systems just for consistency until you get the others sorted

robertybob
    Participant

Updated today! I think this is pretty much as complete as I’d like it to be for the time being. How can I go about getting this added to the list of ‘approved’ themes? :)

herbfargus

youd have to set up a github repo named es-theme-space with your theme and request the developers to add it as a new repo in the retropie organisation/ add it to the setup script.

dem1980
    Participant

this is a great idea !
    very fresh theme !

robertybob
    Participant

Thanks! This is now on GitHub , just waiting for the powers that be to add it to the themes list :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.