Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes THEME: simplified static canela v2.0 [OBSOLETE]

Tagged: 

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    InsecureSpike
    Participant

**raspberry pi B 2 ONLY!!**

simplified static canela v2.0 [OBSOLETE]

i’ve updated the theme,
    my red logo: will be available here via this page!!
    Official Logo: will be available via RetroPie!!

here is my beloved theme, as you can see it’s a very clean it’s been in development for a round 6 months, I wanted to create a theme with a sharp clean feel, I’ve tried to use as many original system icons, there a few I made and a few I borrowed from the “simple” theme. and the font I use is “Canela by Bianca Oliveira & Denise Matsumoto”
    as you’ll notice the carousel has a banner for each system. there is one generic background which slides across when selecting systems, and each system has a banner too.
    I’ll try keep it updated as soon as changes are made, to retropie (emus added etc).
    there is also a Boot Screen included.
    any feedback would be great!

hope you enjoy

i can make custom ones too! (e.g.; Genesis etc…)

theme1

theme2

theme3

theme4

theme5

theme6

theme7

theme8

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok, I had to repost. as I was editing my initial one pressed submit, then it disappears! but it’s back now

robertybob
    Participant

Wow I LOVE this!! Please pester petrockblog to get this added to the RetroPie image!

InsecureSpike
    Participant

[quote=98162]Wow I LOVE this!! Please pester petrockblog to get this added to the RetroPie image!

[/quote]

thanks mate, thanks great! very glad you like it!

InsecureSpike
    Participant

guy’s I’m thinking of adding a few new options to this theme, by the means of the addition of new font types,

any requests?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

simplified_static_[canela]_genesis_theme.zip

heres the theme for Genesis.. sorry i forgot to add it to the 1.0a it’ll be in the next update, which should be next monday..

Omnija
    Participant

Today or next monday?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

well was hoping today, as I was hoping the new logo was going to be announced,

so sorry, for the lateness of the next updated.

so as soon as the logo is release. I’ll issue an update

InsecureSpike
    Participant

the new update is ready and will be added to retropie, by RetroPie Team shortly (i’ve opened an issue on github)

thank you all

robertybob
    Participant

Hi! I haven’t yet downloaded your updated theme as I’m at work, and apologies if this is a dumb question, but will you make available a version with your RetroPie Project logo? I prefer yours to the ‘Official’ one :)

InsecureSpike
    Participant

[quote=99478]Hi! I haven’t yet downloaded your updated theme as I’m at work, and apologies if this is a dumb question, but will you make available a version with your RetroPie Project logo? I prefer yours to the ‘Official’ one :)

[/quote]

hi yeah of corse I can!
    I’ll get that made and I’ll update this post, which will host my logo, and Florian has said the one with the official logo will be added to RetroPie

InsecureSpike
    Participant

[quote=99478]Hi! I haven’t yet downloaded your updated theme as I’m at work, and apologies if this is a dumb question, but will you make available a version with your RetroPie Project logo? I prefer yours to the ‘Official’ one :)

[/quote]

here it is mate!

enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ez3mnp4f65220uh/simplified_static_canela_my_red_logo_v2.0.zip

Omnija
    Participant

Thanks, been waiting for something to hurt my eyes less.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

thank you, that was one of my goals, something that wouldn’t strain the eyes
    those bright colors are not for me

dougie1970
    Participant

hi how do i install this ? and will it work on beta 3.4 .

Omnija
    Participant

[quote=100420]hi how do i install this ? and will it work on beta 3.4 .

[/quote]

navigate to to /etc/emulationstation/themes then extract theme there. In your emulationstation press start and go to UI settings, scroll down to theme set and change theme.

dougie1970
    Participant

[quote=100425]

hi how do i install this ? and will it work on beta 3.4 .

navigate to to /etc/emulationstation/themes then extract theme there. In your emulationstation press start and go to UI settings, scroll down to theme set and change theme.

[/quote]

thanks when i try to move files over i get this .

Permission denied.
    Error code: 3
    Error message from server: Permission denied

windale
    Participant

Excellent theme, I use this as my default now and hope retropie add it to the next Image so we can just choose it from the theme option and don’t have to manually download/install it.

One thing I noticed and wondered if you could correct it for the next version. Some of my MAME InGame screenshots are true widescreen (1944 for example) and overlap the game list and if you change systems the screenshot can be seen on the edge of the screen. Can you limit the zoom so that it stays inside the left of the screen (doesn’t pass the middle line) ? I like to use ingame snaps rather than boxart, that way I can see what the game actually looks like. Thanks.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

hi, thanks that’s awesome!!

ok wanna send me over a pic or 2 of your issue and I’ll do me best to issue you with a fix

regards

windale
    Participant

I have no idea how to take screenshots and I don’t have a camera. It’s not a big problem, i’ll just live with it. Thanks anyway.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

is it just the mame one causing the issues?
    are the others correct?

windale
    Participant

The other systems are fine. It’s just the MAME Widescreen games (screenshot size 384×224).

Edit: I used a crappy tablet to take a pic.

[attachment file=”20150626124205.jpg”]

InsecureSpike
    Participant

that’s awesome, ok I can sort that mate

InsecureSpike
    Participant

[quote=100758]The other systems are fine. It’s just the MAME Widescreen games (screenshot size 384×224).

Edit: I used a crappy tablet to take a pic.

[/quote]

sorry one more question…

which version are you running?

thanks

windale
    Participant

[quote=100789]sorry one more question…

which version are you running?

thanks

[/quote]

simplified_static_canela_my_red_logo_v2.0

I downloaded from your mediafire link in this post.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok, here is the updated mame theme.xml

to replace,

select simple theme, then replace/overright the new theme.xml in the mame folder on your rpi, reselect the simplified_static_canela_my_red_logo_v2.0 theme and all should be good,

any issues

windale
    Participant

[quote=100797]http://www.mediafire.com/download/xr2u0xx3bkkv7wb/mame_theme_fix.xml.zip[/quote]

Works fine, thanks for your time.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

your welcome, thank you for the bug find

ronoh55
    Participant

I’m having dark bars covering much of the menu screen after I scrape for a system.
    [attachment file=”IMG_20150630_144357566.jpg”]

I’m using the current version of your theme (first link on the first post) and Retropie 3.0 Beta 4.
    I have no problem diving into the xmls and tweaking numbers to make it work for me, but I took a look and couldn’t find which setting might be the issue.

Another very easy issue. I want to be able to see the number of players for each game. Is that just a matter of changing it’s position to make only that bit of info show?

Thanks in advance!

InsecureSpike
    Participant

now this is cause by your tv/monitor setting i think, as my Beta tester Robertybob had the very same issue, but he fixed it somehow, i’ll pass the query on to him…

player numbers, yeah you’ll need to reposition the required fields, needed

ronoh55
    Participant

For the Player number I had to change the font away from the invisible font, as well as position it like I wanted (centered below the boxart)

Still can’t figure out the dark bar glitch. I’m going to try my pi on another tv tomorrow to see if that fixes it or it stays.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ccool!

sorry i can’t be much more help on the dark bar problem

robertybob
    Participant

[quote=101113]I’m having dark bars covering much of the menu screen after I scrape for a system.
    IMG_20150630_144357566

I’m using the current version of your theme (first link on the first post) and Retropie 3.0 Beta 4.
    I have no problem diving into the xmls and tweaking numbers to make it work for me, but I took a look and couldn’t find which setting might be the issue.

Another very easy issue. I want to be able to see the number of players for each game. Is that just a matter of changing it’s position to make only that bit of info show?

Thanks in advance!

[/quote]

I’ve installed this theme on both my Pi1 and Windows PC running ES. I experienced this issue with my Pi on my 17″ monitor (DVI to HDMI connector), but not my Pi on my 39″ TV (HDMI to HDMI).

Originally I thought it was a Pi issue and after fiddling around I thought I had fixed it because it worked fine when connected to my TV, but last night I discovered it still occurs with my monitor.

My PC is connected to the TV and this was fine but I’m yet to connect it to my monitor.

I’ve got a 32″ TV to plug my Pi into next, but tbh I’m still trying to figure out what is causing the problem.

Hope that makes sense- writing this while at work so my head’s all over the place lol

ronoh55
    Participant

Makes plenty of sense! I will eventually try it on another TV, but right now I’m focused on sorting the games I have the way I want so it will probably be a bit.
    It’s not something that keeps me from playing. I’m on a 24 inch tv right now, so maybe it just doesn’t work on smaller tvs for some reason.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

there will be no more updates for this theme!

please keep your eye out for the evolution of simplified static canela

thank you for your support…..

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.