Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Theme Broken (Help)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    n2o1gaming
    Participant

I made a theme over the past couple of months for the PsPI and tested it on the windows 8 version of Emulation station as I made it. After putting it on the pi only half the themes work (backdrops missing or just white boxes instead of art), I also believe it is not allowing me to reopen emulation station after closing it. After re-launching emulation station I get a solid white screen. I revised my theme from the pi and managed to get the game boy family and Mame fully functional but I can’t seem to get the others working.

Download link for theme:
    http://n2o1gaming.weebly.com/project-blog/pspi-beta-design-20

Attached is a wallpaper version of the theme.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

what Pi you using? B+ or 2?
    as i think this’ll make quite a bit of difference, as i have a complete theme ready to be released, but its very much a stripped down theme!
    now mine is based on a B+ and i have 49 folders all working perfectly (i have that many as i have split most systems up by region) by the looks of it you have lots going on in those theme folders, for a B+ theme, but it should work no problem on a rpi2,

i suggest take what you have but build it again, from scratch or just update it to be used out of the box for retropie, don’t test on other systems, just test on your Pi, as i think you may need to resize some things

but i’m not too sure if ill release it as an updated emulation station should be on its way….

n2o1gaming
    Participant

OK thanks, I forgot to consider ram limitations, I am on a model B rev 2 so this may be the problem, I considered redoing the theme, but due to my laziness wanted to see if it was something simple causing the issue thanks for the fast response.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

just for a little guidance, try to have 1 universal background, then in each sub folder don’t use a whole back ground try n use an area of the background you wanna use the logo you wanna use for that particular system

if that makes any sen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.