Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello. I recently installed Retro Pie, and have really been enjoying it. Recently, I noticed that the background (the blurred one) behind each system menu item doesn’t show for SNES or Sega32. It used to, but I’m not sure what changed.

I checked the themes directly, and the xml files look fine for both systems. I also grabbed the background files (snes_art_blur.jpg & 32x_art_blur.jpg) and they display perfectly on my Mac. I even replaced the following directories with fresh copies downloaded from the themes package:

/etc/emulationstation/themes/simple/sega32x
    /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple/snes

Any ideas why they would be showing white instead of properly showing the background image? I can’t say for sure, but it seems like it may have started this after I ran the scraper last night.

Thanks!
    Brian

Sumpy

Relevant portion of the /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple/sega32x/theme.xml:

<image name="background" extra="true">
       <path>./art/32x_art_blur.jpg</path>
     </image>

Files exist:

pi@raspberrypi /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple/sega32x/art $ ls -lah
    total 204K
    drwxr-xr-x 2 pi   pi   4.0K Jul 17 21:39 .
    drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Jul 17 21:39 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 pi   pi   156K Jul 17 21:39 32x_art_blur.jpg
    -rw-r--r-- 1 pi   pi    23K Jul 17 21:39 32x_art.png
    -rw-r--r-- 1 pi   pi    14K Jul 17 21:39 32x.svg

Sega white background.

PC Engine background image working.

Sumpy

Disregard. From the FAQ:

Q. Some systems have a white background that shouldn’t.

A. You probably ran out of VRAM on the Raspberry Pi. A good rule of thumb for how much memory you should allocate to the GPU on a 1080p setup using the default themes is 8mb + 25mb + 10mb * [NUMBER_OF_SYSTEMS_WITH_GAMES] (framebuffer + fonts + high quality system art). 256mb should be fine for casual setups.

I had set my GPU RAM to 128, and this was the problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.