Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been spending quite some time lately trying to figure out what would be the best case for my raspberry pi. I thought about using a SNES but I feel like it takes up a lot of space and it would require several modifications to the case, which, I’m not really good at.

I also thought about using a PS ONE case and it would actually work quite nicely, but then again, I like using the SNES controllers with my pi, and I’m kinda picky with aesthetics, it just doesn’t look right to me having a PSX with SNES controllers hooked up to it.

If I am not able to find “the” case, I’m probably going to start designing one to be printed on a 3d printer.

Here’s a list of the features I would like in my ultimate case:

Front
    – 4 USB ports for controllers
    – 1 LED light

– Power/Reset button

Back
    – HDMI
    – Power
    – 1 Extra usb port for additional storage

So, I wanted to reach out to all of you and ask if you have any good suggestions for a case for mi pi. Any suggestions?

primeform
    Participant

3d printer would be exactly the way you want, but not the cheapest. What do you want from the case other than small? enclosed, waterproof, looks cool? You could just make your own from acrylic and standoffs.

peanut
    Participant

Make a prototype with Lego’s and from there make the case to your own liking!

roman
    Participant

@primeform: I want a case that is small, has front ports for controllers, I/O in the back. Very minimalistic and not very flashy looking. I like the idea of using acrylic to prototype it and then have it done over at shapeways.com or any other site like that, once I come up with something I can share it with the community in case someone else wants to use the case as well.

I attached my very first draft I created using photoshop. I plan on having the pi’s logo embossed on the top. Check it out and let me know if you have any feedback.

@peanut
    : I also like the idea of using lego bricks to build a prototype. Thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.