Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project The bad thing about using non-LibRetro Emulators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    teeth03
    Participant

My emulator exit button is L + Select on my SNES controllers, it works great for all emulators that are officially supported with LibRetro. But as far as I can tell, most other emulators don’t let you use a button combo to exit, which is a real deal breaker even if another emulator works better. So I’m pretty much stuck with the LibRetro SNES core unless another SNES emulator adds this feature.

Just throwing this out there, its not a big deal for me, but I basically cant use other emulators because I need to be able to exit without using a keyboard.

Of course, the SNES core works ok for me, just some random games don’t work well with the 2nd controller. But I always wanted to see if the other SNES emulators happen to work better, but their configs seem to only support single button mapping for the exit function.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could you set the 2nd player Select button as Exit? That way, you could just have two controllers plugged up all the time. There is almost never a reason for P2 to press select.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.