Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Thank you from a complete newb

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stammie
    Participant

As the title says, I am completely new to everything involved here,
    until yesterday I’ve never delved into the world of Raspberry Pi’s, Linux or retro gaming.

For a while now I’ve fancied revisiting my youth and having a dedicated retro gaming machine, when I saw the news about the new Pi 3 being released and knowing I had some free time coming up I decided to take the plunge.

I wont deny I’ve had some head scratching moments getting this to work but I have to say its been far easier than I expected, so I’d like to say thank you to everyone who’s contributed to this great project and also thank you to the community members here,
    every issue I’ve had has been resolved by searching these forums where someone helpful has posted a solution.

I still have a lot to learn and a couple of minor things to resolve but I’m playing some of my favourite games ever thanks to RetroPie.

So once again thank you very much to everyone here, you’ve made a newbs life a lot easier.

zerojay
    Participant

A lot of us see the Raspberry Pi as a learning tool so perhaps you might use your experience to learn more about Linux in general. Hope you enjoy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.