Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Technicals questions any good soul to help me Please ? Thx

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pepslight
    Participant

Hi Folks,

I have some technicals questions, The retropie is under a optimized Linux version if i’m not wrong now: I wanted to do on my own a small arcade machine with a 15″ screen, for the controllers I thought maybe buying a cheap snes usb control plugged in one of the usb ports and hard soldering the joystick and all the bottoms on the controller board would work riiiight ?. This is my first question, I was thinking to use the Raspberry Pi with Retropie off course easier because is made for it or literally buy on ebay a snes and hard solder the buttons etc but than I noticed I would have a problem to plug this monitor I was planing to buy and play properly with a good image and fluid: http://www.ebay.de/itm/TFT-Display-Fujitsu-Scenic-View-3815FA-15-38cm-/251373237001?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Actually I’m scared that the tiny 700hz processor from raspberry Pi wouldn’t manage properly even If I overclook to 1Mhz and ventilate the machine with a passive or active cooler.
    Coincidently Some Months ago I bought one of dose android dongles with a dual core processor at 1.4 mhz but its on a android system and I guess not made for those things, I read somewhere and from my own experience that android are quite good for changes and flexibles Not like Ios or other system, I was wondering would I had any way to try to put the retropie system on one of those little dongles, that I just plug the power on my arcade cabine turn on and bam straight to my snes games selection menu ? because Installing a emulator on the android would always need to slide to the application and etc. and I wouldn’t wan’t to have any thing to do just power on boot and paly. I think it would be cheaper because I then wouldn’t need to buy a raspberry pi yet,

I am really open I and thankfully for any comment in advance Luca

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The RetroPie Setup Script is specifically adapted to the Raspberry Pi and I doubt that something will work on that android dongle without fiddling around with the sources of the script.

However, RetroArch is said to work also on Android – but this is a totally different topic than.

pepslight
    Participant

Hi Thank you very much for the awnser.

Now would you think the pie would be powerful enough to run fluently ? or maybe a snes would be better and completely different, I maybe was thinking to buy a cheep 14″ tv with s-video and I don’t know how i would so do for the power reset and eject bottoms I

as well I found this little guy https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/A13/A13-OLinuXino/open-source-hardware

IT look somehow The same if i am not wrong but at least more powerfull Maybe would be compatible with that ? I read is fully open

Thanks In advance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.