Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m building an arcade cabinet and I’ve run into this problem after rotating my screen by 90 or 270 degrees. I’m sure you guys would be pretty familiar with this problem. Anyways instead of typing everything out again, here are a couple links to my original posts in the Raspberry Pi forums.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=118091&p=802567#p802567

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=118106&p=802559#p802559

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

stork123
    Participant

Did you ever get anywhere on this?

Having the same issue… same model pi.

leefy
    Participant

I’ve given up trying to find a way to sort this. I wanted a cab just for upright games. Thought it would be simple. It is. It just doesn’t work on the Pi by the looks of it. I have a 7 inch hdmi Lilliput monitor just sitting there waiting for this to get solved or answered.

rhyno77
    Participant

Same issue here –
    I guess I’ll keep checking back… I’ve been fighting this damn problem for almost a year now. I think I’ve tried every suggestion in the world, but who knows.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same issue here too. :(
    Would be awesome if someone could get this to work.

tobiasjansson
    Participant

Still no solution to this problem? I went ahead and tried Recalbox (with a rotated screen) instead of Retropie, but it’s just as slow..

petrockblog
    Keymaster

There is no solution. It’s a GPU/firmware issue. I guess some acceleration is lost when everything is rotated.

tobiasjansson
    Participant

Ok, thats what I thought.. Thanks for clearing that up! So what we need is a new firmware that supports vertical output then? I guess I need to go with another solution than a raspberry in the meantime..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.