Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hall-liam
    Participant

I would like to preface this with the fact that I have little knowledge of programming and understand that what I”m suggesting may be ludicrous, but it may make sense as well. I have no clue. I have a surface rt lying around collecting dust. I was looking into the possibility of running the retropie operating system on a normal computer and came up with the fact that it will not work because the processors are different. I just realized a few minutes ago that both the raspberry pi and surface rt use arm-based processors. So in conclusion, is it possible to replace the windows rt operating system with retropie?

herbfargus

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/32663/is-it-technically-possible-to-run-android-on-ms-surface-windows-rt-tablet

I think it may technically be possible but you have to consider that the hardware they built the windows phone on was built to work with their OS (crappy as it was) so even if you were able to get it jailbroken to install Linux its unlikely everything would play nice without a ton of extra programming, kernel work, etc…

hall-liam
    Participant

Thank you for your input. Looks like that will be a project I cannot pursue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.