Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’d like to see the omx media player gui built into EmulationStation.
    It would be fairly easy to do for an experienced programmer. Just set it as an experimental program.
    Have a media folder, then just set it so you can play and control it with standard controller buttons. (A) to play/pause, (B) to stop, left/right to seek, up/down for volume.

I have a 32gb microsd card, and i have a lot of games on it, and it’s still way under half full. Having a few 720p movies/videos and music would make retropi even more useful.

robertybob
    Participant

I’m not saying it’s terrible idea, but wouldn’t it detract from the aim of RetroPie – to be a great retro game piece of software? I don’t know whether adding this feature would really fit into it, and obviously there’s already an option for installing Kodi (although I appreciate Omxplayer is not as bloated as Kodi).

Djinny
    Participant

It wouldn’t be taking away from RetroPie’s gaming abilities. For me, gaming comes first, But if i want to just sit back and watch a movie without needing a second device, it’d be nice.

Djinny
    Participant

Having played with Kodi a bit, figured i might as well. It would seem that Kodi does not support joysticks, and I use the teensy 2.0 in my pi2-gameboy.

Keyboard works, had to disable the mouse though. But without it supporting the joystick buttons i’m kinda stuck. I can’t lug around a keyboard when ever i want to watch a video, and i can’t reprogram the teensy since it’s deep inside the gameboy.

Having a simple omx player built right into emulation station would be the way to go it seems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.