Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Video Output on RetroPie Stream video output of Raspberry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ribbley
    Participant

Hello everyone, I try to grab the video output of my raspberry pi and send it via ffmpeg to an rtmp server.
    Build the most updated version of ffmpeg from source, I have another good PC, which should handle the main processing, so I really need the pi, only to send the output to the stream. I know it may be easier other way around, but I would really like to do this this way.

So what I have:
    ffmpeg -devices:
    Devices:
    D. = Demuxing supported
    .E = Muxing supported

DE alsa ALSA audio output
    D dv1394 DV1394 A/V grab
    DE fbdev Linux framebuffer
    D jack JACK Audio Connection Kit
    D lavfi Libavfilter virtual input device
    DE oss OSS (Open Sound System) playback
    E sdl SDL output device
    E v4l2 Video4Linux2 output device
    D video4linux2,v4l2 Video4Linux2 device grab
    D x11grab X11 screen capture, using XCB

hoped i could do something like:
    ffmpeg -f fbdev -i /dev/fb0 -f flv rtmp://192.168.0.103/live/test
    but i only get ‘Output file #0 does not contain any stream’. So I need to enable them or they are not fully present?

emustation / retroarch(emulators) do not run through x11, if im not mistaken, so which video source should i grab? And what are the input (files) for the streams? I read something about v4l2 and /dev/video0 , but video0 is not present, or better grab it from the dv1394? Doing more research, but maybe someone knows.

Hope I’m understandable :D
    happy valentine’s

Pi Model: 2 +
    RetroPie Version Used: latest version 7 days ago
    Built From: SD
    USB Devices connected: keyboard, WLAN, 2 controllers
    Controller used: 1 xbox360 (udev) and an old ps one fake usb controller (greenix something)

herbfargus

I don’t know if its possible to encode the video on a separate processor, I think the only way to do it is directly on the pi, and obviously the pi doesn’t have the processing power for that. Only way I’ve found is with a capture card. I’d be happy to be proven wrong though.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

There is no way to capture / encode the framebuffer like this without some custom code to capture images via dispmanx or so – but even if this exists, there wouldn’t be the cpu power or enough io – your best bet is a capture card on another machine.

petrockblog
    Keymaster
    ribbley
    Participant

Hey thanks for the replies!

Yeah, looks, like there is no elegant solution for this without a capture card. But I will give buzz’s last post a chance and look if I can achieve my needs with this :)
    Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.