Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Strange HDMI problem (hardware likely)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty sure that I’m experiencing a hardware problem, but I just wanted to hear whether anyone had any insight on it.

I’ve had a RetroPie setup using the most recent version of the SD card image for about two weeks. It has been great.

This morning I hotplugged HDMI via an HDMI->DVI cable into a monitor. I’ve been using this same setup for two weeks without incident (but until now I’ve avoided hot plugging). After hot plugging, I immediately had the following strange symptoms:

1) Boot time has about doubled.
    2) Boot and splash resolution appear to be low and do not fill screen (ES appears to be displaying 1080 and emulators fill the screen fine).
    3) After quitting an emulator, my monitor either fails to detect the Raspberry Pi output at all, or it displays only the top left corner of ES (enlarged to fill the entire screen).

My first instinct was to try configuring boot.txt. I tried HDMI safe mode with no success. Next I decided to try using a different SD card with the same image on it (like the first card, it worked problem free before the hot plug incident). The problem persisted in exactly the same fashion. I reset my monitor to factory defaults and inspected the HDMI cable for damage.

I’m at a loss. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I tried out a different HDMI->DVI cable. Same result. Other devices work perfectly with the monitor. It seems that the Raspberry Pi may be damaged.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.