Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve had some problems with slowdown when using multiple Xbox 360 wireless controllers, so I decided to try to use the init.d script method (https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller). I started from the most recent RetroPie image, and the only changes prior to attempting the init.d script were to set up wifi and install the xboxdrv driver.

I set up the /etc/init.d/xboxdrv file and entered the sudo chmod command. When I run the next command:
    sudo update-rc.d xboxdrv start

I get this message:
    update-rc.d warning: start runlevel arguments (none) do not match xboxdrv Default-Start values (2 3 4 5)
    update-rc.d warning: stop runlevel arguments (none) do not match xboxdrv Default-Start values (0 1 6)

I continued hoping that it wouldn’t cause any problems, but when I rebooted it gave me a blank screen after the RetroPie splash screen. I tried a second time with the same result, and also tried “sudo update-rc.d -f xboxdrv default”, which I’d seen as a potential fix online.

Has anyone run into similar issues? Do you know how to fix it? I copied and pasted the contents of the /etc/init.d/xboxdrv file directly from the link above, so I don’t think it could be a typo.

echcoleman
    Participant

I also experience the same issue.

I’ve followed the third possibility in setting of xbox controllers on https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-up-the-XBox360-controller

I’ve created the file with given contents:
    /etc/init.d/xboxdrv

When I run the next command:

I get the message:
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/sbin/update-rc.d line 490.
    update-rc.d: warning: start runlevel arguments (none) do not match xboxdrv Default-Start values (2 3 4 5)
    update-rc.d” warning: stop runlevel arguments (none) do not match xboxdrv Default-Start values (0 1 6)

echcoleman
    Participant

I completed restarted the setup on the SD card with the RetroPie image found here

When I run the command:

I still get the above error message, however my wireless xbox controller was still picked up and is working correctly.

I don’t know what the problem was but it seems the above error message had nothing to do with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.