Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mitchel van Eijgen
    Participant

Hey i was trying to install RetroPi on BerryBoot but got a error message that is was not SquashFS, how can i create this?

Jonathan Schreiber
    Participant
    karloss
    Participant

I have been trying to do the same for the last few days, using the guide Jonathan posted is where I got the information..

I have an image that will now boot, but it hangs when the Retro Pie splash is on screen, so obv not quite working properly yet…

will update if/when I get it working.

Raygan Kelly
    Participant

Can I ask why you don’t just clone the RetroPie-Setup script github in the standard Raspbian berry boot image and run an install? I’m sure you could also remove most of the existing packages like Scratch etc…

karloss
    Participant

Hi Raygan,

The reason I didn’t do this is beacuse compiling from source takes forever…if I really can’t get it work work, I will try doing it that way, but I would rather just convert the sd-image or my self made image of my current setup..

karloss
    Participant

I have managed to get a working berryboot image, but installing the retropie script on the raspbian image, i have done a binary build and that works find, just working on a build that used complied sources, will share it after if you can not work it out yourself…

kenni
    Participant

I got to the same point of having splash screen stop.

Im a rookie to linux and programming, so i did not understand the statment:

Can I ask why you don’t just clone the RetroPie-Setup script github in the standard Raspbian berry boot image and run an install? I’m sure you could also remove most of the existing packages like Scratch etc…

Could you please share you successful build karloss?

dafunks
    Participant

Hi all. I am having big problems that relate to this post so instead of making a new one I thought i’d latch onto this.

I did not make a new custom dist as I just used Raspbian and ran the RetroPie-Setup script github. All went great but then I reboot (When it had all completed 100% fine) and I see the splash screen then it all goes black. I cant do anything. No text and no keys work.

I am not sure what to do as I cant edit anything.

Does anyone have a working RetroPi that I can use? Or any advice on getting this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.