Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Split: Controller button issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    techytecherson
    Participant

I have kind of a question I got the retropie working great, still some roms will not load but i will figure that out, I got everything running thanks to Floob now my 8bitdo nes30pro is working great, works in the menus and auto connects and everything, the only problem I’m having now is the B,A,X and Y buttons along with the L 1&2 and R1&2 are not working nor is the select and start but only in the emulator they work perfectly any other time. the only thing that works for me in the emulator is the Dpad, If someone can help me fix this i would be very grateful!

Floob
    techytecherson
    Participant

Hi Floob, I think thats just about the only thing i didn’t try, but i noticed i have an even bigger issue now, I can’t connect to the internet, i can connect to the home network and access the pie files ad roms and stuff but can’t connect to the internet at all, so i can’t apt-get update or anything i made another post about it, its driving me so crazy been about a half a month trying to get this working!

and like i was saying in the other post i made on cana usb bluetooth wifi post I tried everything i’ve seen on the net, youtube, forums everything and can’t get it to connect out side of my network, its a little thing but driving me crazy!

Floob

Maybe its an issue with your router blocking it? Is it connect by WiFi or Ethernet cable?

techytecherson
    Participant

I thought that too, I will have to open up my network and see if it makes a difference, i have it logged in the router and under the allowed list the router can see it, but it reminds me of a port block or something because if its connecting to the network i think the hardware is working fine. i tried retropie and raspian and nether would connect to the internet i did every setup i can find for the wifi and it works just not connecting to the internet and i even tried to ping google.com and didn’t work said something like unknown host.

never had this happen before and I’ve both, run and ran a number of linux and windows distros and never this problem.

And when i tried the internet cable instead, still nothing. Same block unable to apt-get update or go out to the internet in any way.

techytecherson
    Participant

Nailed it!! got it working finally what i did is i install raspain then playing around with the web browser it turns out just what we were talking about router was blocking it. I filter by mac address and even though it was in the list it was not working for some reason once i set it to allow all it all was magically fixed! Flood thanks for letting bounce ideas, I should be able to get it all running now lol, just need to fix and install then get that dam button thing sorted I mentioned before, and would like to know how to get the mac filtering working for the pi if I can, but big thanks for all your help!

I know this from using Linux for years, 99.99% of the time if it’s not working its not the computer most of the time its you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.