Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Specific Controllers for Specific emulators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    samuraipinguin
    Participant

Total noob here. I am having a problems getting specific controllers to work with specific emulators. My setup is kinda unique so let me describe that first. My project was to make a NES box that housed everything inside ie you would not know that it is an emulator from just looking at it. Inside there are 2 of these http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=44 that are permanently connected to my USB hub, which is inside. On the other end they are soldered to the NES input. They work great with the NES, Atari, and Gameboy Emulators. The problem is that they are always seen as the #1 and #2 controllers because they are technically always plugged in (even if a NES controller isnt connected to the normal outside connection). I have 2 free USB ports on my hub and would like to configure it where a 360 controller will be the default controller for the PSX emulator (since it has analogs. When I go in to the PSX config file I use the input_player_1=”2″ to force it and have all the other buttons inputs. This is where it gets weird…When I try to play a Playstation game none of the controllers are recognized. It always rolls back to the keyboard. I have tried unplugging everything except the 360 controller (and the 2 internal NES usb’s that cant be unplugged easily) I also know that the 360 controller is connected and should work because it reports on jstest and I also use it with emulationstation. Hopefully I have been sort of clear. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

samuraipinguin
    Participant

Nevermind I am an idiot I had

Input_player1_joypad = “2”

It should be:

input_player1_joypad_index = “2”

in /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/psx/retroarch.cfg

Problem solved and it works great!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.