Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey everyone – Thank you in advance for the help. Let me give you a little info on my setup. I have purchased an custom-built system that was fit into a ColecoVision Flashback (which in theory is pretty damn sweet!) and here’s what it looks like: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245910-colecovision-flashback-upgrade-service/

From what I can tell, I have a Rasberry Pi 2 with (I’m assuming) is the latest version of Retropie and Emulation Station on it.

It has been configured mostly to play ColecoVision and Intellivision games, and I have no problems at all with those. I also have been able to get PC Engine, MAME, and Vectrex games to play.

Here’s my issues:

1. When I try to add roms for Atari 2600 I get the following error:
    stella: src/emucore/OSystem.cxx:1128: virtual bool OSystem::queryVideoHardware() ‘myDesktopwidth >=320 && myDesktopHeight >= 240’ failed. /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 203: 2400 Aborted SDL1_VIDEODRIVER=displaymax stella /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/atari2600/asteroids.bin

If I try to run Stella from the command line of the Pi, it works just fine.

2. I cannot get Atari 5200 roms to work. They show up in emulation station, but when I click a rom, it blanks out, and nothing happens and comes back to ES. The last message I get is “Powering on HDMI with preferred settings.”

3. I cannot get other systems, like SNES and NES to even recognize that I’ve added roms into their respective folders. I’ve checked the es_systems.cfg file to see what directories and file types they are looking for, and from what I can tell, it’s correct, but nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m a noob to the Pi and RetroPie, but I at least have a good enough tech savvy understanding of how a lot of this works, and I’ve scoured the internet as much as I could trying different things before I posted my questions.

I am also attaching my config files if that is useful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

tpr70
    Participant

Been messing around with configs and other settings and I’m still getting the same error with Stella and I can’t get any roms from systems like NES or SNES to show up in Emulation Station.

Looks like I’m running RetroPie 3.18.7-v7

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

InsecureSpike
    Participant
    tpr70
    Participant

hi fella, have you looked here?

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki

Yes, of course. Unfortunately, it doesn’t answer any of the questions or issues I have.

Floob

The Wiki shows you the correct file extensions for NES and SNES, do your files match these?

hobbswon
    Participant

How did you get Colecovision roms to run if you don’t mind me asking?

tpr70
    Participant

Using the CoolCV emulator. Here’s the link: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-windows-and-raspberry/

I think I now have most of the issues sorted out just by trial and error. I’m super impressed with MAME on the Pi although I get a strange error when running Bagman as it tells me the “Sound Emulator cannot be started” and then it crashes. I’m using AdvanceMAME. Any ideas?

hobbswon
    Participant

What version of CoolCV are you using? because in that forum a few posters have mentioned in the 0.6.2v they cannot map the controllers and that the (# + *) combination doesn’t exit anymore. I’m desperate for a Colecovision solution on Rpi and I’ve never compiled a source in the linux environment before.

tpr70
    Participant

To be honest, I’m not sure because someone else set this up for me, but I’d have to imagine it’s whatever the latest version is. The system I have is made for the CV controller, but I did unplug the USB to CV controller adapter and put in a normal USB NES controller and I was able to play CV games just fine. The Start button seemed to be mapped to the “1” key on the keypad so I could at least start all the games that required a number push from the keypad to get them going.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.