Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    richawesome
    Participant

Hey guys, first time pi user here. I got the newest version of retropie mounted on an SD card and have it loading up fine on my pi. The problem I’m running into is its only showing that I have 3 emulators, IBM, Port, and Apple II. I loaded a rom into my SNES folder to see if that would cause the SNES emulator to pop up to no avail. Any suggestions? The second problem is, I was looking at an install guide and it seemed a little outdated, I was struggling to configure the controller for all my roms. Thoughts? I appreciate any guidance I can get on this.

sselph
    Participant

It has been a while since I set mine up but the UI won’t show emulators it can’t find games for. So you were correct to add roms. Make sure the roms are extracted from zip files and the extensions are recognized for that emulator(.smc, .sfc, .fig, .swc)

sselph
    Participant

removed post

richawesome
    Participant

Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah it looks like the one ROM I had added didn’t copy right so when I copied it over again the emulator popped up, so that problem is solved. It seems like the last thing to do is get my controller configured for the emulators themselves. I was following a guide but I believe it is for an older version of the retropie sd card image. Do you, or does anyone know the command line to get to the controller configuration for the emulators?

Floob

You could try this:

richawesome
    Participant

This video seems super useful, however I quickly ran into an issue. When I run the commands I don’t get the same options as this guy does. After hitting enter on the “ls” step I only get RetroPie and RetroPie-setup. I try inputting sudo ./retropie_setup.sh like in the video but it doesn’t recognize the command.

Floob

Hi,

My directory structure may be a bit off there. When you are in that /home/pi directory, try “cd RetroPie-Setup” then try running sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

richawesome
    Participant

Thanks! I found a guide with that directory structure that worked perfectly. I’m borrowing my room mates 360 controller. I installed the xboxdrvr and got to the setup for it. Seems like I’m having trouble registering the d-pad and analog keys. I think I may be better off just getting a cheap joypad from amazon or something.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.