Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie SNES USB (Player 2 Select & Start Not Working)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    xactrecords
    Participant

I have 3.2 of RetroPie and everything is working great except for the fact that after I run the auto controller config the start and select buttons on player 2 doesn’t work. Both usb snes controllers are exactly the same (ibuffalos). What file would I modify to make this work?

Also an additional note. Withing retropie the start and select works with both controllers. Its when I am in a system like (NES) that only the start and select works on one controller. All other buttons work fine.

Thanks as always!

xactrecords
    Participant

I will also mention that on player 2 all the other buttons work completely fine.

herbfargus

Hotkeys are only enabled for player one.

xactrecords
    Participant

Thanks for the reply herb. I am not trying to do select and start at the same time. I am simply trying to use the select key or start key in game (for example to pause) using controller 2. Do you know if thats possible?

rdhanded2
    Participant

This is a pain because games such as Nintendo World Championships require the player 2 start button to start the game.

xactrecords
    Participant

rdhanded2 so it appears this is known in NES then. The start and select seem to work fine in SNES. I appreciate all the input (no pun intended).

herbfargus

Apologies I misread your question. But its still the same answer except for its a fundamental hardware feature that was never actually possible with the original system.

See
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916386-nes/72046932

xactrecords
    Participant

I never knew that. I actually questioned it before I posted on here and was about to pull out my physical NES to confirm. Glad you mentioned it. I also understand the HOTKEY issue as well. Thanks for the info.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.