Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    charliem78
    Participant

Forgive me but I’m totally new to this and just got my first raspberry pi 2 last week just for this project. Got everything up and running after a few hiccups looks to be going well except I’ve noticed on the legend zelda a link to the past there is an odd sound issue (haven’t noticed it in any other games yet but really haven’t had a chance to play to many), It’s like a lot of static i guess but thats not quite right. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be grateful.

cacophony555
    Participant

[quote=89710]Forgive me but I’m totally new to this and just got my first raspberry pi 2 last week just for this project. Got everything up and running after a few hiccups looks to be going well except I’ve noticed on the legend zelda a link to the past there is an odd sound issue (haven’t noticed it in any other games yet but really haven’t had a chance to play to many), It’s like a lot of static i guess but thats not quite right. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be grateful.[/quote]

The default SNES emulation on RetroPie does a horrible job with sound reproduction. For the Pi 2 I’d definitely suggest trying the “experimental” snes9x-next core which has significantly more accurate sound emulation. It was *just* added in the last few days so you may have to update your RetroPie software.

richardpi
    Participant

Don’t know if you mean this, else my reply will look awfully dumb, but you do know that in the beginning of the game it’s raining? That sound a bit like static too maybe…

charliem78
    Participant

Don’t know if you mean this, else my reply will look awfully dumb, but you do know that in the beginning of the game it’s raining? That sound a bit like static too maybe…

Yes I’m fully aware of that this noise is on top of that noise. It’s even present when you first enter the castle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richardpi
    Participant

Hm, that’s really odd then indeed. Do you have on other lttp rom to try, maybe the rom is faulty, since it’s not occurring in other games as you said. I’m also playing lttp here on a b+, with retropie 2.3, without issues.
    I read you’ve got a rpi2 so this afternoon I tested it on my rpi2 also to try to figure things out for you, but I haven’t got static.

One thing I do have, or better said, I don’t have, is music in the 1st room inside the castle. There should be music playing, but the music stops as soon as I enter the castle (via the little shrub).
    Then, after going through the first door in the castle, music re appears and everything seems fine.

Tested this out, but this also occured with 2.3 on the b+, so there indeed can be something not 100% right in the rom itself.

Anyway hope you do have sort of an idea cause I can’t really try more from here. O, by the way, only sound settings in retropie I’ve changed from default is sound from 48kHz to 41kHz. Can try that too, does hurt if you do.

If you do not have another game to test I maybe can help if you want, send me a private message if you’d like any help with that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.