Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    scotty
    Participant

As an avid video game fan and collector I had amassed a decent collection of systems over time. Unfortunately my garage which was the home for this collection, did some collecting itself during Hurricane Sandy; 3 feet of water. This left me with a pile of non-function video game systems. Coming across this site I decided to discard the rusted guts and reuse the game cases for Raspberry Pis. I had done an NES and had so much fun I decided to do an SNES too. I also have a Atari in the queue with switches that look like tootsie rolls from corrosion.

I looked at dozens of these projects to get ideas, and every implementation appears to be a little unique so besides being fun someone may learn something! I know I did.

SNES
    I did a little better at documenting the before and after the second time around.
    Before

Guts

RetroBrite couldn’t save the case, and I tried.
    Retro

So a new paint job
    Paint

Bottom

Used SNES USB adapters and carved the adapter with an exacto to fit in. Super Glue keeps them from moving.
    Front ports

From Behind
    Back Ports

Here is the inside.
    Guts New

Created a custom label and slapped it on a flooded game. Its just for show doesnt do much else but look nice.
    Game

Here it is all setup.
    Setup

emilio3k
    Participant

Very cool setup. Is your repro controller (the right one) good? I bought recently a retro-usb snes controller from ebay and the d-pad was messy, very sensible touching the up button by pressing the left or right direction. I replaced the piece with the original snes part but didn’t help much.

scotty
    Participant

It was 7 bucks and works, but the dpad is squishy as hell and sometimes gets stuck. The cord is also very short. I probably will get another original on eBay, flea market, or my local used game store.

emilio3k
    Participant

damn d pads.. original controllers are the best.

scotty
    Participant

I don’t play 2 player that often so its usable. But I wouldn’t want it as the primary controller

emilio3k
    Participant

i have 2 original snes pads but i bought the usb one to play it on pc without carrying the big ass adapter wvery time to save space. my adapter has 2 snes port so it’s big. Did the 2 port adapter works if you know?

scotty
    Participant

I have a genesis 2 port adapter from retro-bit which I got working by editing the USBHID drivers and recompiling them. Not sure if the same issues would happen with an SNES one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Peoples Projects’ is closed to new topics and replies.