Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robofruit
    Participant

Hi,

I am having issues with the performance of some of the more demanding games, in particular Star Fox. I am getting quite a lot of sound distortion and frame skipping. I have tried switching emulators and also recompiled from binaries but no joy. I know the Pi2 is at optimum configuration as N64 ROMS and PSX are running fine.

I am the latest 3.0 Beta build.

Any ideas please?

strawberrytau
    Participant

You could try sudo rpi-update to upgrade your firmware to the bleeding edge. I have found that this improves performance in 3D intensive games (though be aware that the firmware is beta and may have other issues – take backups!).

robofruit
    Participant

@strawberrytau. Thanks I had already done that, all running OK for info. I managed to get some increased performance by adjusting the video settings but still some sound issues.

emoni
    Participant

I found, after a recommendation from another member, that if you change the emulator used by pressing x or m at start up, it can have a huge difference in performance compared to the default for that one rom.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.