Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Snes controller working with n64 emulator?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rasmushauschild
    Participant

Hi Retropie forum.
    I wonder if you can play n64, playstation and other more advanced emulators using an Snes controller (it does not have a joystick).
    If anyone has experience with this please let me know how/if it worked.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

herbfargus

I tried with my SNES controller and due to the fact of it lacking a joystick, the directions on n64 didn’t work. Plus as far as my experience goes I’ve never been able to get satisfactory results out of n64 emulation to the point that I would be even able to play it. I was able to play games on the PlayStation though with my SNES controller. You just have to configure the controller to the specific game at times depending on how many triggers are being used.

RetroMarine
    Participant

I use my snes controller for n64…but I had to configure the controls to make the “z” trigger button the “L” button on the top left. This obviously takes the actual L button out of the equation, but for mario64 and mariokart, you don’t really need them so much. Edit the mupen64plus.cfg in /emulators/mupen64plus-rpi to match what you have in mupen64pkus.ini located in /usr/local/share/mupen64plus-rpi….I use retropie image 1.9.1, so the locations may have changed

rasmushauschild
    Participant

thank you so much, it works now :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.