Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie SNES Controller working in Megadrive and SNES but not in Neo Geo and Nintendo 64

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tiagonetopt
    Participant

Hello.

I’m new here and I have a question.
    My SNES controller is working in SNES, NES, MEGADRIVE and PSX.

I’ve configured that in retroarch in config -> all folder.

The problem is that the controller don’t work in my NEO-GEO, MAME and Nintendo 64 games.

What do I have to do?

Extra question: can I use that controller no navigate in Amiga emulator?

Best regards.

dankcushions
    Participant

which emulators are you using? if you press X or whatever it is when the game is loading, you can view/change your default emulator for that system. anything with an ‘lr-‘ prefix is a retroarch emulator, and will make use of your retroarch controller config. the rest you have to configure separately (there’s stuff on the wiki about this)

for neogeo, if you use lr-fba or lr-fba-next it should be fine.

for mame, it depends on whether you’ve already got roms, as the romset will dictate what emulators you can use. if you were using mame4all-pi, you can safely use lr-imame4all, for example, as they use the same romset. more stuff on this on the wiki: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/MAME

for n64, i don’t really recommend the lr/retroarch n64 emulator as it seems to perform worse. you can configure the controls of mupen64plus (assuming that’s what you’re using) following instructions here: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Nintendo-64

hope that helps :)

tiagonetopt
    Participant

[quote=108051]which emulators are you using? if you press X or whatever it is when the game is loading, you can view/change your default emulator for that system. anything with an ‘lr-‘ prefix is a retroarch emulator, and will make use of your retroarch controller config. the rest you have to configure separately (there’s stuff on the wiki about this)

for neogeo, if you use lr-fba or lr-fba-next it should be fine.

for mame, it depends on whether you’ve already got roms, as the romset will dictate what emulators you can use. if you were using mame4all-pi, you can safely use lr-imame4all, for example, as they use the same romset. more stuff on this on the wiki: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/MAME

for n64, i don’t really recommend the lr/retroarch n64 emulator as it seems to perform worse. you can configure the controls of mupen64plus (assuming that’s what you’re using) following instructions here: https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Nintendo-64

hope that helps :)

[/quote]

This is the controller I’m using: http://media.engadget.com/img/product/23/hzz/snes-controller-1vcg-800.jpg

Like I said I’ve only edited retroarch in the folder “All” in “Config”.

No I want to use that same controller in N64, MAME and NEO-GEO. Is that possible? I’ve already edited retroarch files for those 3 emulators but it still the same.

This is my configuration in those retroarch files (N64):

# Settings made here will only override settings in the global retroarch.cfg if placed above the #include line

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 2
    input_player1_a_btn = 1
    input_player1_y_btn = 3
    input_player1_x_btn = 0
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_start_btn = 9
    input_player1_select_btn = 8
    input_player2_joypad_index = 1
    input_player2_b_btn = 2
    input_player2_a_btn = 1
    input_player2_y_btn = 3
    input_player2_x_btn = 0
    input_player2_l_btn = 4
    input_player2_r_btn = 5
    input_player2_start_btn = 9
    input_player2_select_btn = 8

# Axis for RetroArch D-Pad. 
    # Needs to be either '+' or '-' in the first character signaling either positive or negative direction of the axis, then the axis number. 
    # Do note that every other input option has the corresponding _btn and _axis binds as well; they are omitted here for clarity.
    input_player1_up_axis = -1
    input_player1_down_axis = +1
    input_player1_left_axis = -0
    input_player1_right_axis = +0
    input_player2_up_axis = -1
    input_player2_down_axis = +1
    input_player2_left_axis = -0
    input_player2_right_axis = +0

input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/n64/

#include "/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg"
    dankcushions
    Participant

but what emulators? :) you can configure all these retroarch config files as much as you want, but you might not necessarily be using the retroarch emulator for the systems you’re talking about. i don’t know off by heart what the default emulators are for these systems in 3.1, but it used to be:
    neogeo: gngeo (not retroarch)
    mame: mame4all-pi (not retroarch)
    n64: lr-mupen64plus (retroarch)

maybe it’s different now…

tiagonetopt
    Participant

At least in N64 I’ve edited that file and it still don’t recognize the D-PAD buttons.

NEO-GEO it’s now working. Only N64 and MAME aren’t working.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.