Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie SNES controller overriding cabinet controls in MAME

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Luiz Lavos
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a Raspberry Pi single-player arcade with standard joystick and buttons running Retropie-Emulationstation and I’m having a hard time trying to add a second player using an USB SNES controller for that.

I successfully managed to make the USB controller act as Player 2 with all console emulators (Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Master System and Genesis) by editing their retroarch.cfg files but I just can’t make it work properly with MAME (mame4all).

The problem is that every time I plug the USB controller while running MAME it takes place of Player 1 and the cabinet controls stop working. The only way to make them both work simultaneously is setting the cabinet controls as Player 2 through MAME menu (TAB key). But even so when I unplug the USB controller the cabinet controls became Player 1 again.

I just want the cabinet controls to act as Player 1 in MAME even if I plug the USB SNES controller. Does anyone know how to do it? I’m stuck and would appreciate any clues.

Thanks in advance!

skyrunner65
    Participant

2 Things:

1. How are the Arcade Cabinet Controls setup, whether USB or GPIO?

2. That seems a bit weird to me that a controller would be plugged into a cabinet, but it sounds cool.

But it seems to me that you are using the RetroGame library from Adafruit, which can handle input from the GPIO pins via keyboard presses.

If that is the case, make 100% sure that the setup for Player One in MAME is Keyboard Only(AKA configure it so that there is not mention of Joystick 0).

Luiz Lavos
    Participant

Hi skyrunner65

1. The cabinet controls are plugged in the Raspberry Pi via USB using a “DragonRiseInc.GenericUSBJoystic” controller like this one: http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Zero-Delay-Arcade-USB-Encoder-PC-to-Joystick-Control-panel-For-MAME-2pin-SANWA-Type-Push/1045954113.html

2. Its single-player tabletop cabinet and I found easier to add a second control for casual playing by plugging a USB SNES controller than building a new cabinet or control panel.

Anyway, the cabinet controls are normally identified as Joystick 1 and, as I said it already works as so with all console emulators.

Thanks you,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.