Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sadj2885
    Participant

I upgraded to 2.6 last night by doing a fresh install. Ever since the controls for SNES havent been working properly. Im using a USB SNES controller and the start button exits the emulator and it seems like the only button that does anything is X. NES and Megadrive work properly. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or where to look for what might be causing it? I’m not too familiar with the config files, but from the ones I did look at, everything seems to be setup correctly.

herbfargus

my guess is all your buttons work but your dpad? it’s a controller issue that I had, this thread seems to have solved it: https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/usb-snes-controller-d-pad-not-working-in-games/#post-97091

sadj2885
    Participant

Dpad buttons work im pretty sure. I followed the instructions, deleting all the cfg files and rerunning the setup. Still having the issue though. Only with SNES emulator. I did notice when I hit the start button and it quits it says cannot find joystick mapping for USB gamepad, using default. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I also don’t get the yellow popup saying Joypad port 0 like i do with i launch Megadrive or NES games.

herbfargus

hmm. You could try changing the emulator from the x or m menu as the rom loads (there are 6 different snes emulators)- that way you can at least rule out that.

sadj2885
    Participant

I was able to get it working. I had put my roms in the snes9x-rpi folder originally. I moved them to the snes folder, deleted all the config files and reran the setup. Everything seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.