Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Slight Lag When Connected via HDMI

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jbarnatt
    Participant

Has anyone else noticed this? It’s perfect through the composite. When connected to an LCD via HDMI. I get a slight delay when jumping while, for example, playing Sonic. I actually have this same problem with the Xbox 360 version also.

kitchuk
    Participant

I’m using hdmi with an lcd and I do not notice any lag. It might be your lcd panel that has input lag?

retrofredde
    Participant

I’ve heard that HDMI adds a slight delay but in my opinion it’s not worth talkng about, I have my pi in a 2 step HDMI solution (pi-receiver-TV) and I still haven’t noticed any lag. Many modern TVs have a “game mode” though, a mode where all picture enhancements etc are turned off to get better response time. You should check if your LCD TV/screen have that and if it’s activated.

jbarnatt
    Participant

I hadn’t thought of it being a TV issue. Thanks for the help guys.

jbarnatt
    Participant

Hey guys thanks for the help. It was actually the LCD. I switched it to game and it it works great now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.