Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Single button exit / single button pause

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    scottstan
    Participant

Hello all. I’m using a single player arcade setup with a xin-mo.

I’m trying to set up an exit button that will exit the emulators when pressed. I am trying to avoid having to press two buttons to exit (i.e., hotkey). This works with MAME4ALL because it has the option in its TAB config menu. However, I can’t figure this out for my other emulators, including NES, SNES, and Genesis.

I’m also trying to set up a pause button that will pause the emulators when pressed. Again, I am trying to avoid using a hotkey and I have this working in MAME4ALL, but not my other emulators.

Thanks in advance!
    Scott

Floob

You can set the hotkey to be nul like I do here:
    input_enable_hotkey = nul

lilbud
    Participant

If you disable hotkey, how do you exit emulator?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Floob

You only disable the hotkey enable button, so you still have hotkeys, its just they can be pressed on their own. This often isnt practical with joypads, but can work well with keyboard encoders, like you often have in bartops etc..

scottstan
    Participant

[quote=117044]You can set the hotkey to be nul like I do here:
    input_enable_hotkey = nul
    [/quote]

Thanks very much! This worked perfectly to allow a one button hotkey for “exit” and a one button hotkey for “pause.” Note that the you have to use the “input_pause_toggle_btn = ” for the pause hotkey.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.