Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Emulation Station Themes Simple Theme System: Supegrafx

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    chimaera
    Participant

Here is my simple system theme for Supergrafx

charco
    Participant

Hi, I am new to this, so apologies for my noobishness.

I would like to add this to my RetroPie menu and I can’t seem to find any tutorial thread on how do so.

Am I right in thinking I can simply backup my current es_systems config, add the contents from the theme text file to it, save it as my new config and add it back to my Pi 2 along with the SuperGrafx svg file and background image to the relevant folder for the config to find the correct assets and it will work?

EDIT: I think I understand, I add this theme to where the themes are kept but I will have to add the system to my es config file to add the system and then it will point to the right theme.

charco
    Participant

The permissions on the /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple folder do not allow me to add the pcenginesupergrafx folder to it.

charco
    Participant

I guess this one and PC Engine CD will be included in the next release anyway.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

charco, did you get my PM with my es_systems.cfg?
    i can help you out with this you just need to contact me, so i can help

charco
    Participant

Yeah I got that, thanks. I am unable to move the SuperGrafx folder to the simple folder though as it says there is an issue with permissions. I am using Filezilla.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok, quit emulation station, next via ssh make a root account on you pi with sudo passwd

then you can make a new connection via filezilla with your root login details, now navigate to the themes folder and drop the new folder in there, then close filezilla and reboot

charco
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll try that tomorrow after work :)

charco
    Participant

No joy. I use that command on my pi, enter a new password, retype the new password and get confirmation that it has been updated successfully. When I try Filezilla it does not connect with the new password but only connects with the old details User: pi Password: raspberry

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok so your using..

username: root
    password: (whatever you chose)

charco
    Participant

It seems to just let me change the password with that command, how do I change the username? Also, I am doing this from a terminal session on the Pi and not in any specified directory?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

start a brand new connection/profile in FileZilla just how you did when you connected first time

charco
    Participant

Thanks, will try that this evening.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

your welcome, if you still have trouble just say and i’ll see if i can help more

charco
    Participant

It worked! Thanks a million! I transferred the pcenginesupergrafx folder into /etc/emulationstation/themes/simple with no issues. Now I will add a roms folder for this system and edit my es config similar to yours to see if I can get it on my ES menu :)

charco
    Participant

Now I do not have permission to transfer my es_systems.cfg

KILL ME!!!

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok, goto

/home/pi

now make a new folder named

.emulationstation

now in that folder drop es_systems.cfg

and restart

InsecureSpike
    Participant

in that folder

.emulationstation

you can make another called

themes

this is where to put custom themes!

charco
    Participant

[quote=99418]ok, goto

/home/pi

now make a new folder named

.emulationstation

now in that folder drop es_systems.cfg

and restart

[/quote]

Yeah, that folder is already there. The issue is I cannot move, edit, or copy my es_systems.cfg file that is located in /etc/emulationstation

EDIT: I added the Themes folder from /etc/emulationstation to /home/pi/.emulationstation

InsecureSpike
    Participant

can you drag it from your pi to your pc, then from your pc to your .emulstionstation folder.
    if not, try copying via the root profile you used earlier

charco
    Participant

Na I just cannot get this to work. It is saying I have an invalid config and won’t boot emulation station now. I have reverted to my previous config. Below is how I edited the config file. I edited it just like yours, or so I thought!

<system>
    <fullname>PC Engine SuperGrafx</fullname>
    <name>pcengine</name>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/pcenginesupergrafx</path>
    <extension>.pce .PCE .zip .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ pcengine %ROM%</command>
    <platform>pcenginesupergrafx</platform>
    <theme>pcenginesupergrafx</theme>
    </system>

InsecureSpike
    Participant

try it again but make sure the permissions are read/write

charco
    Participant

I changed the permissions on the file, tried the file in both folders. Same error.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok can you attach your full es_systems.cfg and I’ll take a look

charco
    Participant

Here it is, thanks for taking a look.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

try this, just replace txt with cfg

charco
    Participant

Success! Thanks so much. What kind of wizardry did you do? Where had I made the mistake?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

awesome!, your very welcome!
    you had this, twice

<system>

i’ve also spaced out the systems so as when editing it’ll make things easier to view as i’m sure your thinking of adding more custom elements

charco
    Participant

D’oh! Thanks again, I will try to add PC Engine CD tomorrow evening :)

InsecureSpike
    Participant

no worries, make sure your bio’s for pc engine cd, are named SYSCARD3.PCE and syscard3.pce, just duplicate and rename to whichever you don’t already have, and place them in your BIOS folder

charco
    Participant

Added Turbografx 16 CD simple theme and it worked first time thanks to your guidance :)

Time for some Castlevania.

charco
    Participant

Damn, the Supergrafx appears on the menu with the roms listed, but it doesn’t launch the games.

EDIT: I checked the runcommand.log in the /tmp folder and found that it failed to extract the rom from the .zip file. I extracted the SuperGrafx roms and re-added them as raw .pce files and it now works. At least I am figuring stuff out on my own without annoying people on the forums :P

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.