Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Should PS3 controler work with psx games?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    husar
    Participant

I have my PS3 controllers working via Bluetooth but they do nothing with PSX games. Should I be able to use these controllers with PSX? Do they need to be wired perhaps for PSX?

kmhamel
    Participant

My ps3’s are wireless and work with all the emulators so far. I assume that you went through the setup for each controller in retropie_setup.sh? I don’t turn on my controllers until emulationstation boots. The only app that I haven’t gotten them to work in is Kodi.

pattaboy
    Participant

they should work once you register them as a retroarch controller..(retropie-setup)
    Are you also on the latest retropie?

davejaca
    Participant

Some games will not respond to controller input if you have your controller set to analog or standard in the F1 libretro menu (depending on the game). I would recommend switching this setting and see if anything is detected.

Look at 5:43 in the video below to see what I mean if unsure. It also goes over controller config if you haven’t done that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.