Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m new at the Raspberry Pi universe and the Retropie project (but use to Hyperspin, what a mess) and I just bought my Raspberry Pi 24H ago. No problem about installing Retropie, everything is working.

-I have a pretty straightforward question: how to enabled Shaders for each system?
    I know Retroarch on windows, normally you must enabled shaders in the retroarch.cfg file. Where is this file in retropie?

-Second question, I would like to use a specific shader for the game boy, another specific for the Nes, SNes, and Genesis/Megadrive etc… I know which shader I want to use, so where can I add the specific line about it?

-and, how to access this file? Can I use it via Windows (unplugged the microSD card)? Or do i need to realize a Master in computing in order to use linux command line? (i don’t know anything about it to be honest)

Thanks a lot for your help. ;)
    Have a nice day!

Floob

This video is a little dated, but it should give you the gist

Basically you set your shader in the file (for each system)
    /opt/retropie/configs/{systemname}/retroarch.cfg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owsdsyIDU6A&ab_channel=Floob

mydriaze
    Participant

Thanks for your answer. In fact, i’m lost a 3:16 min, when I see the command line “pi@raspberry -$” . I don’t even know how to get it!

I can access through my local network to \\RETROPIE\configs\all\retroarch.cfg, is it ok? Or do I need to only do this through the terminal, in command line?

Sorry again, i’m a bit lost.

Floob

Yes you can access it on your local connection. Use the path I show above to amend individual systems – the file you show will edit all systems – which is fine if thats what you want to do.

mydriaze
    Participant

ok, I will give a try tomorrow. Just to be sure:

1.I create a Shaders folder in Retroarch… (but I haven’t any Retroarch folder). So, I create a new one under \\RETROPIE\configs? Am I right? (I’m on Windows and i’m editing files using Windows, not directly from Retropie)

2./opt/retropie/configs/{systemname}/retroarch.cfg: I haven’t any specific line about shader in the cfg file. For example, in my NES/retroarch.cfg file, the only thing I have is:

# Settings made here will only override settings in the global retroarch.cfg if placed above the #include line

input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/nes/

#include “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”

Do I need to add this: # video_shader = “/path/to/shader.{cg,cgp,glsl,glslp}” ?

3.Do I need to edit retroarch.cfg in my “all” folder or not?

I’m sorry if my question looks dumb, i’m realy a newbie regarding Retropie. But please let me tell you I greatly appreciate your help. :) BTW, it’s always hard for people who doesn’t speak fluently english!

Floob

The shaders will already be there – see the video for the path. So no need to create a folder.

Yes, add that shader line (with a valid path), but remove the # as this tells the system to ignore the line.

I’d watch the video through as it explains with visual examples.

You may find this tool would work for you as it edits the files for you:

mydriaze
    Participant

I’m sorry to bother you again, but I can’t find the retroarch folder as we can see here in your videos: https://youtu.be/owsdsyIDU6A?t=4m11s (neither the shader folder)

Perhaps because i’m trying to access it through Windows? Check by yourself:

That’s why I’m lost. Thanks a lot for your help.

Floob

You’ll need to access that folder by FTP or SSH.
    You can use FileZilla for example.

mydriaze
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I’m trying this evening!

mydriaze
    Participant

Update: it’s working. Previously, I didn’t understood that I need to edit my retroarch.cfg file using sudo nano command (via putty). I edit the main retroarch file like this:

# video_smooth = false
    # video_shader_dir = /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/shader
    # video_shader_enable = false
    # video_shader = “/path/to/shader.{cg,cgp,glsl,glslp}”

What the difference between video_shader path and directory? I would like to use the hotkeys to change the shaders ingame…

…and, for example, the SNES retroarch.cfg file (i’m doing exactly the same with others emulators):

# Settings made here will only override settings in the global retroarch.cfg if placed above the #include line

video_shader = “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/shader/crt/crt-hyllian.glslp”
    video_shader_enable = true
    video_smooth = false

input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/snes/

#include “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”

My main issue now is about crt-royale.glslp: it simply do not work at all. Any idea why guys?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.