Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello! Please, need help.
    1) I’ve just istalled Retro Pie. (I’m not very good in Linux and Rasp Pi). I used this instruction: http://lifehacker.com/how-to-turn-your-raspberry-pi-into-a-retro-game-console-498561192

Thats Ok. But, When the main menu works – there are only three types of devices: IBM, PORTS, APPLE2.

How can I add other to the menu? For example, NES.

2) I’d like to play ZX on Retro Pie, But there is even no folders with such name in ‘rooms’. Plese, tell me what steps should I make to play ZX rooms.

3) How can I close rooms and go the main menu?

Thanks a lot!

proxycell
    Participant

1 – here is the EASIEST way for you to do this:
    Step 1 – Get yourself a USB stick
    Step 2 – Insert it into the Pi, the LED light on the USB will flash, let it finish flashing completely
    Step 3 – Remove it from the Pi and insert it to your computer, you will find a lot of new folders on this USB. Look for the “nes” folder now
    Step 4 – put your NES roms into this folder and remove it from the computer
    Step 5 – Insert this USB again into your Pi, let the flashing go on again and this time it should take longer. Do not remove it! When it is done, remove the USB and reboot the Pi

2 – You mean “roms”? Please do the steps I mentioned above and see if you don’t find a “zxspectrum” folder

3 – To close roms/games and return to the menu… well… that will be a bit harder for you I think. You will need to modify a file on the Pi.

Locate this file: /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    At the very bottom you need to add in two lines:
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = 5
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 6

You have to figure out which button # to use based on your own controller. Like I said, this is a bit harder but I can certainly help you through most of it.

mhillis
    Participant

Hello sir, I like yourself am very new to the whole linux/pi thing, but I have been learning alot the past week and am falling in love with it and would love to try to help people on here, like proxycell did with me early

when I started trying to add games or roms I was wondering the same thing, why are there only 3 emulators shown, I soon found out that as you add roms to the different rom folders pre installed onto retropie they will show up in emulation station.

I found this tutorial really helpful as a retro pi noob myself and hopefully it helps you to

However I have no clue how to add new emulators, as of right now im trying to make my brother a nice gift for Christmas with all the old games we used to play(snes,nes,n64,sega) so I have not looked into that yet.

I hope this was at least a little helpful with the first question and didn’t confuse you even more lol :)

mhillis
    Participant

here is the tutorial i forgot to link LOL :)

prehistorikj
    Participant

Hello. Thanks! I know where to find ‘roms’ folden in the raspbian. Thats ok. And USB stick works too. There is now folder zxspectrum at all.. Maybe I shoud update REtropie?

prehistorikj
    Participant

Locate this file: /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    At the very bottom you need to add in two lines:
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = 5
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 6

Thanks. I’ll try this a little bit later)

prehistorikj
    Participant

Thank you! good video! I want to make a Cristmass gift too:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.