Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ok so I am trying to get things going on my raspberry pie, and stuck at one point, and the few guides I have looked at make no mention of my next step. BTW I am using Retropie Ver. 2.3 on a retropie b+.

To Start off I follow the standard steps of running sudo raspi-config, expanding the file system, configuring gpu memory to 128, and overclocking (950MHz ARM, 250MHz core, 450MHz SDRAM)

Next I run sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    Once in the menu I select option #2 Source-Based INSTALLATION (16-20 hours, but up-to-date versions), accept defaults and allow installation. Once this completes I reboot.

From here is are my questions:
    1) Do I need to/should I run option #4 (UPDATE RetroPie Setup Script) and/or option #5 (UPDATE RetroPie Binaries)?
    2) If yes, is there any particular order? First option #4 then option #5? Should I reboot after each selection?
    3) I have 2 USB Logitech dual action controllers ( P/N 863247-0010) that I want to be able to use in games, what is the procedure to get this going? I understand that you go into sudo ./retropie_setup.sh, Select SETUP, and run ‘registrar retroarch controller’. But how should I go about getting both configured? Leave one controller connected, register buttons, reboot, disconnect 1st controller, connect 2nd controller, register 2nd controller buttons? Leave both connected while running the registrar retroarch controller command?

I know this is alot of questions, but any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Floob

You can just write the image and use it as is without updating source or binaries. Version 2.4.1 is very new so you wouldnt miss much/anything by not updating it.

But in answer to your questions

1) Yes (No, to the binaries)
    2) Just update the script
    3) Try this

imnotorginal
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response. I will give this a try tonight when I get home and follow up with you.

imnotorginal
    Participant

Thank you for your time on this! Your post was exactly what I needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.