Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Settings for HDMI and Composite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dudumaroja
    Participant

retropie should detect what output you are using and let user decide what settings for retroarch to use on each, like audio drive or aspect ratio and more.

toddforester
    Participant

or a place in the config that would allow you to choose between hdmi / composite so all you would have to do is ssh in and change a line in the config to choose hdmi or composite out or just change it in x or the terminal and reboot.

gizmo98
    Participant

In my opinion raspbian detects hdmi or sdtv if hdmi_force_hotplug=0 is set. runcommand.sh checks with tvservice --status if sdtv or hdmi is set.

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/supplementary/runcommand.sh

runcommand.sh does something like this:
    starttype/parameter 1 – if hdmi change resolution to CAE 1 (VGA), otherwise (SDTV) do nothing.

It is possible to add other CAE modes/resolutions. You can get a list of all supported modes withtvservice -m CAE.

toddforester
    Participant

what if I have my HDMI always connected but I want to hook up the pi to a bigger screen through composite ? all while the HDMI is still connected Is that possible?

gizmo98
    Participant

It should be possible. The newest RetroPie-Setup script has an updated runcommand.sh. https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/supplementary/runcommand.sh

runcommand.sh 7 => composite PAL
    runcommand.sh 8 => composite NTSC

It would be nice if someone could test these new options.

It is now also possible to set audio output from emulationstation (update-> source-based-installation/emulationstation).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.