Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jimc
    Participant

so i have read tons of thing on the net regarding this and all are the same where you goto /network/interfaces and change it by adding the wpa-ssid and password. thats great and i have no problem there except i am on an open network so making the changes to this dont work and i cant connect to the network. does anyone know the configuration of the network/interfaces file and or the wpa_supplicant file to get the wifi set up to an open network..thanks in advance.

herbfargus

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-Up-Wifi

Or you can use wicd-curses.

sudo apt-get install wicd-curses

sudo wicd-curses

(You’ll need to be connected through Ethernet first to install it)

jimc
    Participant

super!! actually the link you posted is the one i have spent alot of time on and while its great for secured networks, none of that works for my open network. installing the wicd-curses worked flawlessly though. cant thank you enough. i spent hours screwing around with this. ran it and it connected in seconds.

herbfargus

I’m glad it worked out! I’m hoping that we can integrate wicd-curses by default in the retropie project as wifi seems to be a thorn in the side for many. for the record though generally speaking having an open network probably isn’t the safest practice… :P

**UPDATE: it has been added to the source code:

Rpi2 Retropie 3.0 BETA Wifi Issues

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.