Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Raspberry Pi B+
    RetroPie 2.5.0

I’m trying to set up sixaxis so I can use my PS3 controller, following this guide…

https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie … controller

And this is what happens.

pi@retropie:/home/pi# gcc -o sixpair sixpair.c -lusb
    cc1: error: /usr/local/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf: Not a directory
    cc1: warning: /usr/local/include: not a directory [enabled by default]
    pi@retropie:/home/pi#

So, I’ve looked, and they are definitely not directories, seems as though if it pointed to /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf it would be happy, because that is where everything lies…. I’m stuck here… I’ve reinstalled gcc, brain fart…

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Did you try doing it from the option in the setup menu ? (making sure you have the latest version of the retropie-setup script)

sudodaemon
    Participant

Yup, when installing the drivers it goes through some things on the screen, then just quits out back to the setup screen.

killerajd
    Participant

***UPDATE***
    I ended up re-imaging my SD card with RPI v2.6.0 and that seemed to fix my issue.
    ***UPDATE***

I’m also having the same issue. Running a Pi 2 and installed RPI v2.6.0. If I try to install the PS3 controller driver through the retropie_setup script, it gets to a certain point and then fails. I’ve attached the log it spits out. After it fails, it kicks me back to the retropie-setup screen, and when I back out of that it gives me an error:

Could not successfully install Install PS3 controller driver
    (/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/ps3controller/sixpair not found).

In the log, it shows:

cc1: error: /usr/local/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf: Not a directory
    cc1: warning: /usr/local/include: not a directory [enabled by default]

I’m kind of at my wits end here. I can’t find anybody else having this issue. Any issues for others seem to arise after this step. I’ve tried apt-get update and then upgrade as maybe something didn’t install correctly, but it doesn’t help.

Any help would be appreciated.

flickcorp
    Participant

SD card is probably on its way out but try updating the pi then run the utilities

PeanutButterBoy
    Participant

Any idea what the issue is here? I’ve got the same issue and I’m prepping to re-image my card, but there’s gotta be some way to fix this without a full re-image….

esbiete
    Participant

After dealing with it trying to compile last version of openMSX and getting the same error than you I finally got it!

AngelScript installs as /usr/local/include as an script file, so when you try to compile any source it fails as /use/local/include/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ (which is supposed to be a directory) is consequently not found.

As a workaround you can create a symbolic link to /usr/include that contains the files you need. Do the following:

cd /usr/local
    sudo mv include AngelScript_include
    sudo ln -s /usr/include/ include

Doing a ls -l that should look:

pi@retropie /usr/local $ ls -l
    total 7596
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    60280 mar  3  2013 AngelScript_include
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root staff    4096 mar  7 12:40 bin
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff      13 mar  7 17:10 include -> /usr/include/
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  7711042 mar  6 06:37 lib
    pi@retropie /usr/local $ sudo ln -s /usr/include/ include

At least it worked for me.

What I don’t understand is why Angel Script is created as include there, it’s a terrible failure unless there’s any purpose behind. Would be nice to know.

Regards,
    EB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.