- snakexParticipant03/16/2016 at 18:13Post count: 16
Hello, I would like to ask if is possible to add “Serious Sam” port in future ?
Serious Sam’s Serious Engine source code released. :-))
Thanks. :-)herbfargusMember03/16/2016 at 19:34Post count: 1858
Source code for reference:zerojayParticipant03/17/2016 at 14:55Post count: 173
Serious Sam is all OpenGL. If it’s OpenGL 1, we might be able to get by on glshim to make it work, perhaps.davejParticipant03/17/2016 at 22:06Post count: 21
First of all, they’ve announced they have release the source for the game engine used to create Serious Sam – not that they have released the source to the game itself.
I had a quick browse of the released code and this is what I found:
1. It’s the source code only. There are things like level editors included and although there is the source to a program called SeriousSam, it’s not clear whether this is the actual game or just a test app.
2. It’s doesn’t include the resources associated with the game (3D models, textures, etc.). There is an example set of resources but that is not the game itself. There’s a comment on github about copying the resources from the game reinforcing this.
3. It’s very much a Windows application. It assumes it’s running on Windows, was compiled using Microsoft development tools and relies on the Windows libraries.
I’d say the chances of it being ported to work on the Pi are negligible.
- The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.