Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kiwijam777
    Participant

So it seems there are certain commands that key off of the the hotkey when it is enabled in retroarch.cfg. If you disable hotkeys you can map those commands to specific buttons, so you do not need a combo of 2 buttons to issue those commands.
    1. I wish there was a list somewhere of all the commands that turn into hotkey combos when hotkeys are enabled.
    2. I wish there was a way you could have selective hotkeys, where you can decide whether a command from the hotkey command list is activated by a hotkey combo button press or by a single non-hotkeyed button.

Floob

Most functions in the retroarch.cfg can be enabled with a hotkey – but its either they work with a hotkey_enabled set, or without. I cant see how you could possibly mix and match.

This may help:

kiwijam777
    Participant

You could mix and match if you were able to define your hotkey commands, like in a config file or something where you could list which commands are subject to a hotkey. Maybe it could be a new command called magickey and you could define several magic keys (magickey1_btn=”9″, magickey2_btn=”8″) and magickey lists (lists of commands available when a particular magickey is pressed). By the way, I think that video is old, I don’t see the hotkey.sh because the directory from the video doesn’t exist.

Floob

hmm, its there on version 2.4, I’m not sure which version you are running though.

I’m not too sure what you are trying to achieve though, currently you can either set a key to act as a hotkey or not, thats not an issue.

kiwijam777
    Participant

“Its there on version 2.4”???
    What is where? There is a config file listing all hotkey commands? Where?

Floob

No, sorry I meant the hotkey.sh file is there on 2.4.x

Although I think all the keys are listed in retroarch.cfg, the only ones I tend to use are the shaders and saving and loading games along with exit emulator. Lots of options show in the RGUI as well with F1.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.