Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I searched and I couldn’t find specifically a topic on how to set up a Sega Saturn USB controller. I have a SNES USB style one that works flawlessly, however I gotta have that Saturn D-pad for some games, any tips?

lostmuppet
    Participant

What version of retropie are you using? because I can’t get the D-pad to work on v3.0 beta 3 but works flawlessly on v3.0 beta 2.

Saturn controller is the best pad ever made 2D games.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im not sure if I am configuring it correctly, when I register it with retro arch it doesn’t allow for the C, and Z buttons, and when I attempted to play with a profile it just scrolled save states and reset when I pressed B.

lostmuppet
    Participant

Ah ha I think you miss understand, the button prompts on registering a retroarch controller are referring mostly to the snes controller that has A,B,X,Y face buttons only .

This is the sequence of buttons presses I use for registering a retroarch controller with the saturn pad.

B
    A
    L-shoulder button (used for select button as the saturn pad does not have one.)
    START
    UP
    DOWN
    LEFT
    RIGHT
    C
    Y
    X
    Z
    The rest of the button prompts I leave blank as they are mostly for the Playstation controls.

This works well for MEGA CD/SEGA CD, GENESIS/MEGA DRIVE and 32X emulator picodrive. Just don’t forget that you have to enable the 6 button pad in the emulator menu while running a game by holding the L-shoulder button and pressing Y to toggle in and out of the menu, otherwise it will only use the A B and C buttons.

To save game with this setup hold the L-shoulder button and press Z to save state and X to load state. To change save slot hold the L-shoulder but and press left or right on the D-pad.

Again I must stress that this was made to be used mainly with Sega games and I’m not sure how well this would work with other emulators.

herbfargus

See the diagram at the bottom of the page here for which buttons to configure with retroarch:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Saturn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the help! I was not seeing what the issue was, this is great!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.