Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Sega Saturn controller woes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    trixster
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck getting a Saturn controller with USB adapter working with RetroPie?

The USB adapter is recognised as a Huijia USB Gamepad. The Emulationstation frontend works fine but I can’t get the dpad to work with any libretro core even if I use jstest to input what I think are the correct button mappings into /opt/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/HuijiaUSBGamePad.cfg

Help!

trixster
    Participant

So from the Retropie menu I can go into the retroarch rgui and manually bind the dpad controls. this works in the rgui menu. I can save that retroarch config, and when delving into that new config file I get the following settings:

input_player1_up = “up”
    input_player1_up_btn = “12”
    input_player1_up_axis = “nul”
    input_player1_down = “down”
    input_player1_down_btn = “14”
    input_player1_down_axis = “nul”
    input_player1_left = “left”
    input_player1_left_btn = “15”
    input_player1_left_axis = “nul”
    input_player1_right = “right”
    input_player1_right_btn = “13”
    input_player1_right_axis = “nul”

So I would assume that pasting those settings into the HuijiaUSBGamePad.cfg would work. It does not. Buttons work fine with the autoconf but the dpad still refuses to work.

Funnily enough jstest sees the dpad as an axis, with left as -5 and right as +5. I’m not sure why retroarch sees the dpad as a button and jstest sees it as an axis. Is this normal?

trixster
    Participant

Also, it’s strange that the normal buttons dont refer to player1 but the settings taken from the rgui config do.

trixster
    Participant

Ok, after much trial and error I’ve solved it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.