Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    danmanx
    Participant

Hey guys, I checked out Raspberry Pi’s Forums and it said Sega CD (works flawlessly). However, I am seeing extremely slow video which makes the games unplayable.

I am using stock GLSL which gives me a warning message on the command line. Any settings I must adjust for Picodrive?

Thanks,
    Dan

whise
    Participant

Mine runs perfect, nothing except a 950 overclock

set video_threaded = true in retroarch.cfg maybe

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Should video_threaded = true be a default setting set by the RetroPie-Setup Script? What do you think?

whise
    Participant

Yes, I found that adding video_threaded=true improves performance. Also rewind_enable = false, can also improve performance, and enabling it cause some cores to segfault.

Also setting sound rate to 44100 also improves audio performance in some cores.

On overclocking, 950 is what I have, running smoothly all cores, except some x32 games (virtua fighter and some others).

Also, I’ve read that using a lower ram split, leaving at least 192 mb of ram for the cpu may be better, at least that’s what the developer of muppen64plus-pi says.

karloss
    Participant

where are you guys putting megacd images for them to be picked up and work?

thanks

karl

whise
    Participant

I think you need to include these lines in es_systems.cfg since they are not included in the original setup

DESCNAME=Sega CD
    NAME=segacd
    PATH=/media/usb0/segacd
    EXTENSION=.smd .SMD .bin .BIN .md .MD .zip .ZIP .iso .ISO
    COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/picodrive/picodrive_libretro.so –config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/sega32x/retroarch.cfg %ROM%”
    #COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/dgen-sdl/dgen -f -r /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/dgenrc %ROM%”
    #COMMAND=export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=”/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/dispmanx/SDL12-kms-dispmanx/build/.libs”; /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/dgen-sdl/dgen %ROM%
    PLATFORMID=21

DESCNAME=Sega 32X
    NAME=sega32x
    PATH=/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/sega32x
    EXTENSION=.32x .32X .smd .SMD .bin .BIN .md .MD .zip .ZIP
    COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin/retroarch -L /home/pi/RetroPie/emulatorcores/picodrive/picodrive_libretro.so –config /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/sega32x/retroarch.cfg %ROM%”
    #COMMAND=/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “/home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/dgen-sdl/dgen -f -r /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/all/dgenrc %ROM%”
    #COMMAND=export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=”/home/pi/RetroPie/supplementary/dispmanx/SDL12-kms-dispmanx/build/.libs”; /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/dgen-sdl/dgen %ROM%
    PLATFORMID=33

danmanx
    Participant

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help here!
    video_threaded=true
    sound rate to 44100 did it for me!

I also turned off vsync and I’m about to change the RAM to a more healthy split as per whise’s advice.

I can finally play Mad Dog McCree on SegaCD!

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing – I will also add these systems to es_systems.cfg with the next update.

gizmo98
    Participant

You could also test OpenVG without threaded video driver. Threaded video driver can produce a significant input lag.

video_driver=”vg”
    video_threaded=false

(One warning: If you use OpenVG you can not open RGUI)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.