Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I downloaded a few Scummvm games from emuparadise and added them to the /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/scummvm Then i open the scummvm gui and tried to play them, but they are all dark grey.

(My roms are all in .zip format as i could not find .svm games.)

herbfargus

Which version of retropie are you using?
    In my case I’ve never tried uploading a zip file in the scummvm ROM folder. I extracted the zip file and put each game in their own folder. (This site will tell you which data files need to be in which folder for each game: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles)
    I’m using the 2.4.2 BETA image. How I set up my games
    -made sure all of the right data files were there and were in unzipped folders (or you can just have all of the data files in the same folder but that confuses me, I like to have my games organised in the backend)
    -opened up launch.GUI from emulationstation (which opens up into the scummvm GUI)
    -In the scummvm GUI I held down shift and clicked on mass add.
    -I selected the scummvm ROMs folder and clicked add. (My games all showed up in the GUI)
    – I then quit the GUI and restarted emulation station.
    – with the 2.4.2 image it has a script that will automatically create .svm files for each of your games you added in scummvm in emulation station so you don’t necessarily have to go into the scummvm GUI all of the time, you can just open up and play your game right away.

– hopefully that will point you in the right direction for your needs.

P.s. if that doesn’t work it is potential that you might have downloaded a bad ROM (I’ve had issues with some from the source you cite)

WWarriors
    Participant

I believe it may be my Roms, what site do you recommend?

herbfargus

Amazon or eBay. I purchased the games and copied the data files over from the CD. As far as locations for ROMs, those are outside of the terms and conditions of this forum.

(https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/forum-rules-on-posting-in-regards-to-romsgame-images/)

WWarriors
    Participant

Ok, thank you for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.