Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    milesw
    Participant

How I can modify controls for ScummVM?

I am planning to play without any keyboard and mouse, I need to add joystick and buttons to operate the game. How can I do it?

herbfargus

depends on what image you are using. starting with 2.4- the controls are built in to work with your controller. If you have an older image of retropie I highly recommend updating to a newer one. it has worked for me swimmingly.

milesw
    Participant

I have 2.6 version. Some reason only some of button works. I bought a joystick kit from eBay, it was recognized as the DragonRise Inc.Generic USB Joystick.

The Joystick and only the exit and the menu button works correctly, the rest of the 6 buttons doesn’t to anything.

I have configured RetroArch and those emulators which runs through that works just fine.

Did you do anything to modify settings? I can’t find any file I could modify.

herbfargus

I’m using an SNES controller and all the buttons I’ve used work- one button clicks, one button skips the cut scenes, and a combination of buttons open up the menu. I am unaware of a way to reconfigure controls for Scummvm (though the libreto-scummvm core might incorporate the retroarch configs which you could probably change but I’m not sure where the developers are at in being able to incorporate that into retropie) I know there is also the potential for an on screen keyboard but that may be tedious to work with if only a few of your buttons work.

in short, outside of modifying the source code I do not know of any way to easily change scummvm configs- If you do figure something out though I would be interested to know.

milesw
    Participant

Ok. I think I have to take look at my retroarch.cfg and DragonRise controller settings. There could be conflict between these files.

milesw
    Participant

Finally it works. The problem was my control panel and the joystick encoder. order of the buttons was wrong. I don’t know why it started to work. Is there somekind of default settings?

killer101
    Participant

Where did you get a scummvm-libretro core? Nothing here in my 2.6 RetroPie Image!

herbfargus

As I alluded to in my previous post the libretro-scummvm core has not been incorporated into retropie as of yet. I wish it were though.

killer101
    Participant

I have issues with the mapping of the controller buttons on a ps3 controller. Now I decided to take a look at the sourcecode. The button layout is hardcoded there (the non libretro version). I’d made some changes to the source and recompiling is running now. Maybe this will solve my problem with the ps3 controller.

killer101
    Participant

Recompiling done. Works! Now I’m good with the none libretro version and my ps3 controller.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.