Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Has anyone figured out how to get screenshots while in EmulationStation? I’ve tried Scrot and a few others and they seem to require that X be running. All they seem to get is the command line. I’ve tried VNC in various forms and again, can get the command line, but no RetroPie gui. Anybody have a solution for this?

I’d run Emulation Station on a computer to get them, but I’m on a Mac and my try with VMWare Fusion failed to run it.

Thanks in advance.

Floob
    InsecureSpike
    Participant

yeah the first link is real easy to use, I use it while making themes, very handy, for other things too, like when es is having behavioural problems

matttheorbiter
    Participant

[attachment file=”Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 12.01.23 PM.png”]

Thanks for the help! I installed, and removed and installed using all the instructions I could find and keep winding up with raspi2png: vc_dispmanx_snapshot() failed

I know that there was a screen rotation problem that would give that response, but no rotated screens here. I included a screenshot of the problem.

Could it be I’m installing into the pi directory and it would be happier elsewhere?

Thanks so much for taking the time to help out.
    Matt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.